Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Clay Hills

This weekend we went to the Clay Hills with Adam's family. Adam's family has been going to this area for a long time to picnic and hike around. It is a very desolate area that has absolutley no vegitation and is pretty much the desert. But the formation of the clay and sand is spectacular and very fun to hike around. Over the years that Adam's family has been going the formations and caves change so dramatically that it is a great place to explore.
Here is a picture of how one of the cliff walls looked.As you can see, a nice fire and picnic was had. There is Adam's dad waiving to the masses and Camille and Adam's mom hanging in the back. While on a hike throug the cliffs, Adam could not be swayed from flexing his amazing muscles. This impressed Camille so much that she had to run over and give him a kiss following this picture.
Smiles were had for us both following the kiss.
Adam and his nephew, Dylan, ran up a hill and stood in the mouth of a cave. Adam was so proud that he made it up the hill, he raised a hand to rejoice...yea!!Ah, taking a repose on the side of a giant dirt clod. Adam's nephew, Dylan, and his Grandpa catch some shut eye before we set off on a big hike.
The crew getting ready to start a hike up into the mountains (The crew was was quite large...we had Eric and Aimei, Carli, Jim and Julie, and the niece and nephews).
Adam's niece, Brookie, eating some food, hiking, and shooting us with a squirt-gun.
Adam's other nephew, Hanky, saying "Cheeeeeese!" and having a good time.
When we finally got on top of all the giant dirt clods we were surprised what we found. On one side of us was desert and giant dirt clods, on the othe was grassy rolling hills. The contrast was amazing!! It was actually a wonderful day. Here is Adam's sister, Carli, and Camille taking in the sights. (Carli also looks like a giant, but Camille is just that short).

7 comments:

David Pistorius said...

I can understand Camille not being able to keep her hands off Adam when he flexes... He is a VERY MANLY man!

Annie said...

Oooh it makes me homesick. I love the clay hills. Julia would have loved running around with her cousins. I'm glad that you guys had a good time. We found out that Bryan and I get to come to Meeks, so we are at least coming to that.

Kinsey Pistorius said...

Any word on the bar yet??? How about Camille's CPA exam?

Ruth said...

I love your narration to go along with the pictures. How could Camille resist you flexing your muscles? Honestly!! Looks like you guys had fun!!

Young Family Adventures said...

You are so funny!! I love reading your comments!! Looks like you had so much fun & also with your dad for his Birthday!! I was a bit jealous we aren't in your ward so we could have received some of those awesome donuts you made!! They look yummy!!

Tell your folks hi for me!! Gee... I see them as much now as I did when they were out of the country!! :) I need to make a trip home & go visit!!

Have a great summer! ~ Jeanna & the Youngs

Whitney said...

Looks like fun. I love the pictures of your dad because he looks the same as he did when we lived there and would have picnics around the camp fire. Tell everyone hi from me. Hopefully we can all get together soon!

Nicole said...

You guys are hilarious. seriously, your comments always make me laugh! Love the pics, looks like a ton of fun. What a great summer you're having!