Sunday, June 8, 2008

Roast This, Part II - The Return of the Roast

We stayed the entire weekend in Evanston with Adam's Dad, and continued the birthday celebration on Sunday. Adam's Dad wanted Camille to try her luck with cooking another roast. She took the advice of so many that commented on our blog and cooked the roast in the Crock Pot. She looks much happier in this picture considering she is not burning down the house. Adam's dad was also very happy that no fires were started and the roast tasted very good.The roast is cooking slowly, without fire or destruction of the pan....mmmmmm
The finished product!! No charred sides, no blackened areas, no injuries, no broken pans, and NO fires. Camille has finally become that much more domestic...her Grandma would be so proud (except that we used gravy from a package, sorry).

4 comments:

Jody said...

The roast looks wonderful!! I wish I could of been there to enjoy it!! I heard that it was delicious... Hey and what's wrong with package gravy? Besides it just isn't as good as homemade... Some of us just haven't mastered the art of homemade gravy... Thank heavens for package gravy!!

Ruth said...

Delicious!! I like using the crock pot more anyways. Good work Camille!!!

Debbie and Bobby said...

all this food your posting is making me hungry!!!

Duludes said...

Congrats- It looks just wonderful. That crock-pot looks high tech.