My mom and dad just recently returned from their missionary service in Australia. My dad was the Mission President in Brisbane. My mom was able to come home for our wedding, but when we went for Christmas this past December was the first time my dad got to meet Camille. Kind of a weird experience. Luckily, my dad and I are very much alike and they got along very well. I thought I would share some pics of our adventures, there were a ton of pics, so i had to pick and choose.
We ate a lot of Kababs over there, man were they good. This is at the mall outside of Brisbane with my sister Carli.
This is my dad, sis Carli, and a statue of Ned Kelly, their national hero who wore a tin can over his head so as to not get shot in the head.

Just a couple of random pictures that show just how vegitated Australia is...I mean in contrast to Wyoming, which is desert. Plus, I think Camille looks real good in the bridge picture...kind of like America's next top model.

We went to the Zoo and had a blast petting the Kangaroo and holding the Koala. Actually Camille was deathly afraid of the Roos and Koala, so I took over. Surprisingly enough, Koala bears stink!!
The last few days we were there we went out to the Great Barrier Reef. It was an amazing, once in a life time experience. However, it was an hour and a half boat ride out, and the waves were extremely tall. Essentially, it was like a two hour roller-coaster ride. Camille and my mom were puking all the way out. My dad and I, being the men of steel we are, did not throw up. It was an amazing day...excluding the blowing of chunks.
6 comments:
I'm glad you're posting dated pictures. It's fun to catch up with cool things you've been up to since you've been married.
I am deathly afraid of kangaroos. I saw them get in a fight once and I won't ever look at them the same.
Our wedding's main color was red too! I love the little pics you posted. It all looked like it was a great day.
Australia is the best you spoiled freaks.
LOVED the pictures! That is the first time I have seen a picture of your dad. Now I feel bad we didn't make it over to Australia while we had the chance. You should have showed us the pictures sooner! Maybe you guys can go with us sometime in the future when we are all rich! :) I loved the koala and kangaroo photos!
I love your blog - I'm so glad you created one! Adam, you look like the same goofball I knew at Ricks and your wife is absolutely gorgeous.
Wow! when I first looked at that top picture I thought that was Gretchin(AKA PB). Then I wondered why she'd be in Australia with you.
Australia looks so fun!! And I don't care how much a koala stinks, they sure look cute and cuddly to hold! HOw cool! ps thanks for the comment on my blog. it was very nice. :)
Post a Comment