Monday, October 22, 2007

Battle Lines Are Drawn




My entire life I have been a Blue-Blooded BYU Cougar fan. I plan my fall Saturdays around when BYU will be playing, and I even wore my very bold BYU sweatshirt to the Wyo v. BYU games when I lived in Laramie. When I got married I always thought my wife would love BYU as much as I do. However, I was and am dead wrong. Camille loves the Pokes as much as I love the Cougs. It has caused some contention in our marriage, and even funnier is that after BYU beat Wyoming in '05, Camille wouldn't even talk to me for the rest of the day. Heck, she wouldn't even sit by me. I was forced to sit with the BYU fans while she went and sat with her old roommates. We are now looking at getting some tickets for this years game and we don't know where we will be sitting. I get the feeling I will be decked out in BYU apperal sitting by the BYU fans and Camille will be in game day gold sitting with druken Cowboys fans. Oh the diversity of marriage!!!

6 comments:

Lori said...

You definitely are one of the biggest Y fans I have met. Sam and I are really lame when it comes to supporting our school. We will both be BYU alumni and definitely find it to be the best school for the money hands down... but you will NEVER see either of us in BYU paraphernalia. I don't even know why... just not how we roll. I do wish you the best for BYU in the upcoming game though.

Jadi said...

That is so funny!!! I have always known you were a BYU fan but had no idea Camille was such a pokes fan. Geoff's brother is a Ute fan and his wife is a BYU fan, it has been fun watching them debate. So far they have been married 9 years and it hasn't changed. Good luck figuring out what to do! It still feels like summer here. I remember the Halloweens in Laramie were so cold! This year I am worried the kids are going to be too hot in their costumes. There has to be a happy medium somewhere.

Annie said...

Compromise and just cheer for the number one team. What team is that you ask? Go Buckeyes!!

Debbie and Bobby said...

I'll have to side with you on BYU Adam. Of course I have abslutely no ties to Wyoming so that isn't much of a problem! Wish we could close enough to catch a BYU game...have fun!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, I was going to leave a comment similar to Annie's.

I mean there's no point in your rooting for 2 losing teams!

Nicole said...

Yay! I found your blog And I AM alive, just very busy. I'll post some new stuff this week. Camille is a great catch!! I'm glad you're doing so great! (aside from the team thing. haha)