Sunday, July 13, 2008

4th of July - Take me out to the ball game...

PLLLAAAAAAAYYYYYY BALL!!!!!!
We celebrated the 4th this year by doing the most American thing one could think of...we went to a baseball game. The Salt Lake Bees played the Tucson Sidewinders. The Bees lost the game, but it was really fun, and it was super crowded.


As you can see, one of the best things about a baseball game is the dogs. Camille's Dad and Sister are showing the Chicago dogs that we ate. As Adam ate his, he covered his heart and slowly sang, "God bless the USA"
A close up of the goodness. Doesn't this picture just make you want to sing, "I'm proud to be an American."It was so incredibly hot at the game. When we got out of the car the radio said it was 103 degrees. Here is Adam enjoying a snow cone and trying to cool off. There were so many people at the game that Camille had to wait in line for almost 45 minutes. But Adam saluted her efforts by showing his red tongue.
Late in the 9th inning the game was real close. Adam was on the edge of his seat and decided it was rally cap time. If you look just off Adam's nose you can see that Dennis, Camille's Dad, is also on the edge of his seat, just no rally cap.
Camille failed to rally the cap as well...totally lame!!The fireworks after the game were done very well. They were made even better with the background music of Adam's favorite carooner, Neil Diamond, singing "Keep coming to America, Today!!"The fireworks were also nice becuase the weather had cooled off a bit and we weren't so sweaty.On Sunday after the 4th we did a little dutch oven cooking with Adam's family. We were going to take a lot of pictures, but shortly after this one was taken, it rained really hard. We cooked some chicken, spuds, and cobbler (despite the rain). If you look real close you can see how red Adam's face was. He was so hot trying to get all the ovens off the fire and back in. It was still a very fun day and a great 4th.

6 comments:

David Pistorius said...

wow, those hot dogs look DANG good (even to a pregnant lady who is nauseated most of the time) and great pictures of the fireworks. I tried to get pictures of our fireworks and they didn't really come out, so great photography! Looks like y'all had a fun 4th for sure!!!

Jadi said...

It looks like you guys have been having a fun summer. I am glad you guys got your hot dogs at the game. That is a must! It also looks like it was a fun family reunion.

Unknown said...

I LOVE that you post pictures of the food you eat. That is the best! You guys do tons of fun stuff, I live vicariously through all your posts.

Stacy Hutchinson said...

You have the funniest captions on your blog! That family reunion sounded like a lot of fun. That gave me some ideas for our coming up in October...It's only my immediate family, but it'll be enough to play some fun games like that.

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

I know...we should have stopped in for a visit..I blame it on Blake

Ruth said...

The fireworks pics are awesome. Adam I like your hat upside down. Why haven't I seen you wear it like hat around us? We miss you guys!!