Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Adam

It was a very special day this week for those of you who didn't know or who easily forgot...it was Adam's 30th birthday. He claims that when the clock struck midnight on July 29th a few more hairs fell off his head, his knees ached, and his back hurt...because he was getting so old.

To celebrate the big day we went with Adam's family to Rendezvous Beach at Bear Lake to play in the water, mess around in the sand, and eat a lot of good food. Adam had a great birthday. Happy birthday to "The Joy Boy"!!!Camille showing her best modeling moves. Don't mind Adam's brother, Eric, sunning his ripped bod on the right, his wife blushed at the site.Ah, the lovely couple... We really had a fun time and love going to Bear Lake.Adam's dad even sported a swim suit.Adam's sweet, little, new niece, wearing a bikini and chillin in a taxi floatie. Actually, she didn't really like the beach, but it didn't matter because she is so dang cute.The other niece and nephew LOVED playing in the sand and collecting sea shells (how Bear Lake has sea shells is a mystery to us). We concentrated our efforts and built "a pretty good castle that people wouldn't attack," according to Adam's nephew Dylan. Brookie was more into finding sea shells for her boyfriend, John (John is her married neighbor and is in his 30's)

A close up of the stronghold. Don't mind the man with the Sasquatch like walk in the background (that is Adam).
As you can see, the castle is a pretty tough looking abode. Even the lion floatie in the background was intimidated and was turning away.Dylan's Aunt Aimei helped create a flag and decorate the tower. Do not be decieved by the white flag...it was put it with the intent to deter all pirates. After the castle was built all the kids thought it would be fun to bury Adam's legs in mud. Adam's niece, Brookie, thought Adam looked like the Sandman from Spiderman. Adam just thought it cooled his legs off from the hot sun.
They even added toe-nails (mini sea shells) to add to the effect. Very attractive, makes you almost want to chew one off!!

11 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Adam!! Wow, 30!! You're gettin' up there :-)

Jody said...

WE had an excellent time!! Even though the back hurts just a little.. Imagine a tomato...... The kids loved it and it was fun to hang out!! You are right the food was great!! Wish we could've hung out today to eat leftovers.. The Cartwrights' and Palmers' missed out on a good time maybe next time.. Have a good week!!

Lisa Burbidge said...

Looks like a ton of fun!!! I just love being like kids again!!

Annie said...

It depresses me to see how much fun you guys all have without us! I wish we could have been there for your birthday. Happy birthday and we will be there soon to hang out. I'm very glad you post pictures of what's going on because otherwise I would never see pictures. It looks like you had a great time.

Jadi said...

Wow 30 years old! I would say that is old but since I am 31 I won't. :)
I hope you had a fun birthday Adam. It looks like you did. We love Bear Lake. Your sand castle turned out great!

Unknown said...

hmm, surprised you made it to midnight on your birthday, most old people are in bed by 8!! Just kidding. All the cool people have their birthdays in July! Happy birthday.

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday!!! Looks like you celebrated in style...way to keep yourself young. :P And I must say, those toenails were simply fabulous. :) Love the pics...they made me *almost* feel like I was at the beach myself. Okay, maybe I was just really jealous....

Ruth said...

Happy 30th B-day. You look great. I love the sand castle and camille's bathing suit. Tell her it is cute!! What a fun time, and by the way we didn't shoot the moose, but that is funny I put that pic by us shooting the guns. Too funny you noticed!! I laughed out loud!!

Debbie and Bobby said...

Happy Birthday Adam! Love the feet and the toe nails...nice touch!

David said...

Bon anniversaire ! Joyeux anniversaire Adam!
Dude you are 30!! it feels it was just yesterday when we were roommates. I hope you had a great time and we need to get together. I am working in opening my office for State Farm and I might do it in the Salt lake Valley or I have a great opportunity just up the road where I used to live in Provo. I will let you know. Talk to you soon. Your spanish lover

Opp Family said...

Adam - I had no idea I am 2 whole days older than you - that would explain why I am so much wiser, heehee :)
Happy Birthday to two old Ricks College farts!
And I love whoever writes your blog posts - they always make me smile.