We guess an Easter post is better late than never. Camille is deep in the throes of tax season and is rarely seen outside of her cubicle (Adam and others call her a Cubite, because she is of the people of the Cube city). Because of this, the entire week before Easter, both of us were looking forward to getting out of town and visiting Camille's family. Saturday morning we woke up and Camille went to work a few hours while Adam got everything loaded in the car and ready to go. As the morning wore on it started to snow, and the wind blew, and soon, we were worried we wouldn't make it out of Dodge. Well, despite bad weather, we still got out of town. When we got to Camille's house this is what our hub caps looked like (totally iced over). Adam thought it was way cool!! He said it reminded him of the video game "Spy Hunter," which he played a lot as a kid. In the game, some of the cars had spikes on the tires and they would take out other cars. Adam then said he is even more excited for Blasto to come because he would have thought it was as cool as Adam did.
Of course we had eggs...although, Adam can be very eggcentric and eggotistical...ahahahahah.
Camille was very happy to be painting eggs and not doing taxes. She is very concerned about the eggonomy...ok, that one was pretty lame.
Adam thought his BYU egg was eggcelent (one more, anyone? any laughs? no?)
In all the years we have been married and painted eggs together, one thing has certainly become apparent. You can clearly tell the difference between the eggs girls color and the eggs boys color.
Camille's family was very happy to participate in all the Easter festivities. Camille's sister, Jill was so happy she made an intense face and shook her hands so fast the camera couldn't pick them up in the picture.
The nice thing about Easter this year is that it was LDS General Conference. Camille had been reading about the various traditions of LDS families while watching Conference. Almost all of them involved food and breakfast. One of the traditions was that a person would make something from their mission. So, Camille thought it would be great for Adam to make Crepes (from France). So, he woke up from his post conference nap (he looks very tired in this pic) and went to work. He makes the crepes from scratch and flips them with his bare hands. Of course there was plenty of fruit to eat with them, but there was also Nutella. Nutella is very french, and Adam said a Crepe is not a Crepe without Nutella. It is a fun tradition that we will try and keep it up.
10 comments:
Loosk like you had a wonderful Easter! Just think next year, little Blasto will be mobile. How exciting!
I fully appreciated the eggonomy joke. Eggcelent's a bit overdone, but eggonomy, that was new and I liked it. I'm glad you had a fun holiday! PS, my husband sam really liked the pic of the hubcap.
You guys make some pretty impressive eggs!! Crepes sound absolutely yummy!!
The crepes looked yummy and I loved Adam's BYU egg. :) I also think Camille is one of the lucky ones who looks good being pregnant.
Love the decorated eggs...they look great!! Glad you got to leave town for a bit! I bet it was a nice break for you both! I will have to try nutella on crapes...I have never tried that combo. I will let you know what I think!!
Thanks for the reminder about the yumminess of Crepes. We made a batch after FHE this evening. I sure wish we could meet again one day my young patowan (sp?) Hope all is well and we're pumped for the lil babe on the way.
Hutch
Camille, you really do make such an adorable pregnant mommy-to-be! We were sad to have missed you guys on Easter.
That is crazy, those hubcaps of yours!
"Eggonomy" you seriously crack me up ha ha
Post a Comment