Thursday, December 4, 2008

10-4 Big Buddy!!

A quiz!!
What is Camille doing in this picture?
a. Camille is converting our little apartment into a cardboard castle.
b. She is attempting to clean up after a killer party in which all of white trash nation was invited to attend. (Hence all the beer boxes)
c. We are moving.
Obviously the correct answer is c. We have been packing our things for the past week in preparation for relocating. Adam has accepted a new job and we will actually be living in a house (renting only). Every room in our apartment has a stack of boxes as tall as Camille. Note: we HATE moving!!!The weather has been very mild thus far, but this morning we woke up and there was snow everywhere (just our luck). We also got a call that the Uhaul we rented was not returned on time, so they upgraded us to the biggest truck on the lot. Adam has been thinking of trucker names for himself all day long and keeps ending conversations with "10-4 big buddy, over and out!"Adam put on his best trucker face. He has been making Camille call him by all his trucker names. Names such as: Wolfman Jones, JimBob, Whitey Road, and Camille's personal favorite Big Daddy Johnson. Adam loved driving by little cars and seeing the kids in the back seat pumping their fists for him to honk his horn. Adam also keeps saying the road is his playground...he is even considering passing up invetro fertilization to become a truck driver...but probably not...he still so wants to be a mother.This is the house we will be moving into. It appears to be very nice and we do wish we could buy it, but we will only be renting. The woman who built it was some rich lady in California and wanted to get out of dodge. So we lucked into a good rental deal.Before we could move in Camille had to do some cleaning. Adam attempted to vaccum the carpet with neat designs (he was trying to make the designs in the carpet like the grass has in baseball diamonds). So, Camille took over and finished things up.
Here is an inside view. There is quite a bit of room and the ceilings are so tall Adam wants to install a basketball rim...Camille says "Over my dead body!!"

Another angle and a shot of the kitchen. It is really a nice home and we feel fortunate to be lucky enough to get it.

Camille is looking forward to decorating for Christmas and putting up our Christmas tree. Many doubted that we could fit a 15 foot tree...but I think we will be ok and there will be no Clark Griswald experiences this year.
Camille is all smiles as she unpacks some of our things and finishes cleaning. We know you are all jealous of the fantastic light fixtures, but keep yourselves under control. Because tomorrow is our official moving day and we will be without the internet for a few weeks, this will be our last post until after Christmas. Hope everyone has a great and safe holiday season, and above all MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

19 comments:

Opp Family said...

Ummm, HELLO! That house is awesome! Hope your move goes by without a hitch - and Adam, seriously? you look hilarious as a trucker!

Annie said...

Fancy Shmancy. Looks like a very nice place and it has the hard wood floors you guys love.

Jen said...

WOW...that house is a-maz-ing!! I sure hope we can get into something like that when Curtis starts working!! :)

Just use the Casey's internet until yours is up and running. I can't wait that long for a new post! Plus, I want to see all of the Christmas decorations in the new house!

Lori said...

Congrats, that's such fun news. I enthusiastically LOVE your new place- that's such a great find; you must be so excited!

Congrats on a new job and a new place, yippee!!!

Kinsey Pistorius said...

wow! the house is beautiful!!! where exactly are you moving to? same city? well, now I have no doubt you can fit your Christmas tree and probably a dozen others in that space! Enjoy your first home together!!! :)

Jadi said...

I am so HAPPY for you guys. The house is beautiful and you both deserve it!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Erin Rebecca said...

Oh my, I am trying not to be to envious of that beautiful home. I am so happy for you two. Where have you moved to? Seriously that home is so beautiful you definitly deserve it. Adam, I always knew that you were a truck driver at heart! Have a good Christmas, I can't wait for the new post! 10-4 over and out!

Jenny said...

Wow Adam that is a b-e-a-BEAUTIFUL home you got there. Your one lucky man!! Where did you move to? Congrats on your huge home!!

Shannon said...

It's gorgeous! I love it! How exciting. I bet your wife is beside herself. I want to see the 15 ft christmas tree....and ADAM PREGNANT! You wouldn't last a day! Congrats.

Kinsey Pistorius said...

your blog comments are too funny! We live about 5 hrs from Charleston, SC. We are looking for a good reason to go!!! :)

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

congrats on the new job!!

Duludes said...

Okay are lives are so similar right now its funny. We moved over the Thanksgiving Holidays also. Out of a rink dink apartment into a beautiful home for a amazing price.also just renting. I just haven't gotten around to posting about it. You saw the tree on our blog, its huge. Joel said its 12 ft, he his lying its closer to 15 ft. We also face stupid infertility issues. I guess this things happen to the best of us. Happy Holidays enjoy decorating your beautiful home.

Trish said...

Wow! What an awesome new house you guys! Totally Jealous here..lol. I hope you will post some pics of your Christmas Tree all decorated. Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

I love your new house! Love it!

out numbered said...

Congrats on the new job, new house, and passing the bar! All so exciting! I enjoy reading your blog it is very funny! -Deanna

Lori said...

Hello to the phillips! Can I have your email address? I'm sending out my christmas letter, plus it'd be good to have on hand in general.

Debbie and Bobby said...

wowee! That is some nice house you are renting....I'm a bit jealous!! Hope the move went smoothly (and the job too)

Z Family said...

The house looks fabulous - we are sooo happy for you guys! Missed talking with you on Christmas - hope it was wonderful. With all that space you have I feel a family reunion coming on -later Big Buddy! The Cali Z's

Young Family Adventures said...

How fun!! This is an amazing house!! Keep living the way you are & with time - maybe her heart will soften!! :) I can't wait to read of all your experiences moving ... you are both the funniest ever!!! 10-4, Over & out!!! I would have died!! Camille you are a great sport!!! Take care & have a great weekend!