Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Roast this!!!

The entire three years (almost three years) that Camille and Adam have been married, Camille has been extremely afraid of cooking a roast. She is fearful that she will burn, destroy, or do something terrible to the roast. For this reason she has been rather reluctant. However, after talking with her mother, Camille decided to give it a shot. However, things did not turn out the way she wanted. Her mother gave her instructions to sear the roast inside the casserole dish. As she did this Camille began to hear popping. All the sudden the pan shattered and the roast lit on fire!! Adam came rushing downstairs to Camille's screaming and put the fire out, rescuing the roast. In the end the roast turned out OK, and actually tasted like it was smoked. We will see when Camille will make her next roast.

The shattered remains of the pan, and Camille's sad fase.

Camille's happy face as the rescued meat goes into the oven for a final cooking.
As you can see, the edges are a bit charred, but overall the roast tasted pretty good. Well done Camille.

6 comments:

Ruth said...

That is too funny, but I am proud Camille gave it a shot!!! I will have to say I have not cooked a roast either. That is pretty sad, but I just never look to buy them either!

Kinsey Pistorius said...

that was hilarious! I literally laughed out loud reading the story. Yes, roasts are quite tricky so we use the crock pot. But I still am afraid it will burn down the house while we are at church on Sundays...

Lisa Burbidge said...

Hey next time skip the first step and just do the crock pot it is a lot easier!!! Lisa

Jen said...

I was beginning to wonder if you guys had abandoned your blog:) It is good to know you guys are still alive and doing well:) Good job Camille for conquering your fear of cooking a roast. Hopefully next time things won't be so chaotic. I can't believe your pan broke and that the roast caught on fire. That is too funny!

Jill Asay said...

Camille, don't feel so bad. I had a similar experience with ribs when we were first married! Just think, now you'll have an excuse to go and buy an new pan!

out numbered said...

It looks like everyone has already suggested the crockpot. Get Lisa's recipe, but I have never had a roast problem when I use the crockpot.