We, sadly enough, have retired old Greenie. Adam got the exploder, uh, we mean explorer, a few days after he got home from his mission. It has lasted almost ten years and 125,000 miles. We wish we could say it worked all that time, but quite honestly, it was a piece of crap. Adam had a lot of good memories in it and is sad to see those memories leave; however, his new truck is quickly helping him to forget about the green turd. Here are a few pics of the exploder.
Not sure what Adam is doing here, I think he is carressing it once last time.
Notice his license plate, his dad, Jim, picked it out for him thinking it was funny. It is really 600F, but looks like GOOF. Goodbye GOOF, goodbye...sniffle, sniffle.
The new love of Adam's life. We were lucky enough to stumble onto a great deal for a new, well new to us, 2005 Toyota Tundra. It has low mileage and lots of testosterone. It has bucket seats, so Adam and Camille cannot fully enjoy their new hick status (note: Hicks in Wyo. always have their woman sitting next to them in their trucks). We are still waiting on the gun rack and playboy mud flaps.
Frontal view....feel the power, the manly power!!!

14 comments:
Bryan is jealous! That is a nice looking truck! I really really like the color. It looks like you got a good deal.
Ha! I had no idea you still had your explorer, that rocks. Congratulations on your new car, it looks really great. I'm sure it'll be a bitter-sweet adjustment, but we all have to grow up some day right?
I love your new truck! Our jeep is at the same point your explorer was at. I know Geoff would love to trade it in for a new truck too!
Nice truck Adam. Curtis really wants a truck. Maybe once we graduate and start making the big bucks like you, we can get a truck too:)
How are you guys liking Green River? Maybe we'll see you guys over Spring Break.
Have fun with your new truck!!
I think Chad and I went on our first date in that explorer. Fond memories. Nice new truck though, wish we could get one too! Chad just retired his old contour, only he never liked it in the first place. -lindsay
awesome truck for sure! We gave up our 13 yr old Toyota Paseo when Drew was born, it is like losing an old friend... oh well, making new friends is always fun too! have fun in the truck!!!
I just want to know where the Kiddos are going to go in that thing!!! Just remember they do come at some point in life!!!! Maybe Camille will just have to do the minivan gig!!!!!
Great truck! So jealous! Enjoy it!
Blake had a car like that when were dating..the colt!! It was so loud we couldnt talk in the car. Then he bought a new car...a monte carlo...dont ask me whats going on in his brain!
I'll always remember running out of gas in that gas guzzling Explorer 5 miles from Evanston. We were so close!
Your new truck looks sweet! Good choice going with Toyota. If I were to ever get a truck, I think that is what I would get also, but I don't want to give up my 4Runner.
We love the car too, but we were the only ones who have gotten to ride in it.
That's funny that we both got rid of Fords and bought Toyotas! LOVE IT!
It is alway fun moving on with the next stage of life!! Congrats!! It is bitter sweet!!
Fun to find your Blog, since I never see you guys around town - but you know, Stake Conference is coming up again (smiling!)
Dave will be back up to playing pretty soon - surgery went great!! Take care & keep in touch - The Youngs in GR
Soo....it's been awhile since I commented...why? because I THOUGHT i had you guys in my google reader and that you just hadn't posted in LONG time. OOPS..you weren't in there and look at all I've missed. Your explorer pics brought back memories. haha LOVE the truck. LOVE IT. With a truck like that who needs to say goodbye to the explorer?!
Also, Happy Birthday Camille, happy new glasses Adam, Happy Jazz games and Happy Easter!
Now I'm caught up!
Looks like things are great.
Annie is coming to Utah sometime in july...we should all do a Ricks reunion or something of the sort!
Nicole
Post a Comment