Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blasto's Blastoff!!

On June 8th around 1:30 in the afternoon Blasto decided he had enough of womb living and cramped, hot spaces. Camille pushed for about an hour and fifteen mintues and out popped our little man. We will post more details, pictures, and the "birth story" at a later time.We deliberated for almost 6 hours about what name to give Blasto...when he was born we both looked at him and said, "He is just Blasto." Anyway, we tallied votes from all the nurses and doctors on which of the three names we liked and one won out....so, Blasto's real name is.....
Grady
And our Grady boy is dang cute...but we aren't biased in the slightest.

27 comments:

Kinsey Pistorius said...

Grady is precious! can't wait to hear more of the details - 2 hrs pushing is quite the feat!!! We are so happy for both. :)

The Jensens said...

He is so precious. Camille...2 hours pushing, I am so sorry. I love the name. I miss you here already. Can't wait to meet the little guy.

The Archibalds said...

yay, yay, yay! congrats we are sooooo excited for you guys! LOVE the name, so cute.

Lisa Burbidge said...

We are so happy for you guys!! Good luck with everything and have fun!

Jen said...

oh my heck...he is SO CUTE! Not that I'm surprised or anything...I knew he would be.

He's perfect.

Congratulations!!

Opp Family said...

Oh, he is ADORABLE! Congratulations! I love the name Grady.

Jadi said...

He is a beautiful baby!!! I am so happy I even have tears in my eyes. You guys are going to be the best parents! I can't wait for future blog posts. You will have to post lots of pictures for those of us who don't get to see him in person.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! We love you guys!

Kathryn said...

Congrats to you both, he sure is a cutie!

Brookel said...

I'm so happy for you, being a parent for the first time is so awesome and exciting and you have just one little guy to give all your attention and love to. Camille I hope you recover well and quickly and that Adam takes care of you and Grady, you've both been through a lot, nine months of someone sucking your life is a lot to recover from and then delivery on top of that. Congratulations to you both!

Jill Asay said...

Congrats on the new baby! Can't wait to see more pictures of the little guy!!

The Yates Family said...

Oh, congratulations you guys! Grady is a good name. He is one cute baby! Good job guys! :)

Annie said...

He is adorable. I can't wait to hold him! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congrats you 2!! We can't wait to meet little Grady ("Baby Joy Boy"). It would be nice to meet you as well Camille. I have a lot to tell you about your husband that you may not already know ; ) He talked to me a lot in France about the random weirdness that floats around in his brain...lol.

It's nice to know that there is another Phillips on the planet.

Hutch

Trish said...

Good Job You guys and cute name! Grady is adorable! Congratulations!

alliehoopes said...

hip hip hooray! I've never even heard that name and I love it. How can I have never heard that name when I have heard of such crazy other things? I can picture a Grady in my future. The distant future...Max is still my baby.

Unknown said...

Awesome! Welcome to the club! He is adorable!

Ruth said...

Congrats! SO excited for you and can't wait to meet him!! I LOVE his name...very cute!

Meradith said...

Welcome to parenthood you guys!! What a cute little face. Congrats!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Congrats..he is adorable...I beat up though I pushed Owen for three hours and finally they vacuumed him out!

Nicole said...

CONGRATS!!! We are SO thrilled for you. He is absolutely adorable and love his name. Can't wait to see more pics. Good luck with everyhting, you are both amazing parents, I am sure!!!

Jill said...

How exciting!! Congratulations, he is sooo cute.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Grady is a great name, but Blasto can be an awesome nickname! Congratulations. We are so happy for you.

Jody said...

He is so PRECIOUS!!! WE are proud to be related to such a handsome little guy!! We love you all and hope your having a great time on your new adventure!!

Camille said...

I can't wait to meet Baby GAP in person. You guys are hard to get ahold of -- I want to bring in a meal. You need to call me.

Lindsey& Jason said...

YAY!!! He is adorable. I can't wait to meet him! I hope all is well with mom & baby! I love the name.

Gretchen said...

Congrats and welcome to the world Blasto! He looks as perfect as can be.

Shannon said...

Yeah!! Congratulations! Welcome to Hell! ha ha ha just kidding. :) So happy for you.