We realized after our last post that we did not include any pictures of the front of our little house on the prairie (Adam is modeling our little home). When we first moved in the front yard had a neglected garden and a couple of dead trees, so we ripped them out and tried to help the garden. Therefore, our little house looks a little bare. Hopefully, next spring we will have some flowers coming up.
Here is another view from the front. We have some real nice big trees in the front.
We had to trim the trees when we first moved in. Camille's dad came up and helped us out. However, these wonderful trees looked like this two weeks ago...
...And today!! It has been snowing for the past couple of weeks. The snow was so heavy and wet that it broke off more branches. We keep waiting for the early fall snow to melt away, but it has not.
We got about 19 inches the first weekend, and this past weekend another 7 were added. What happened to our fall!! Adam is furious and says he was ripped off. He does not want to trick or treat in the snow!!
Our backyard has developed a large snow drift. Adam really wants to jump off the roof and land in the drift, but Camille has advised him that he is old now and is very easily injured.
Another picture of the snow we have. It almost has the feel of Christmas.
Adam really wanted to BBQ for the start of the MLB Playoffs...however, the BBQ is a bit covered in snow. So we made fajitas instead. (Note: We have driven to Utah and all over Wyoming the last two weekends in these stupid snow storms. Last Sunday night the power went out about 8:00p.m. while we were cleaning up after our trip. We waited and waited for it to come back on, and finally just went to bed. Around 1:00 a.m. the power came on, along with all the lights that were previously on. Adam had to get up and turn off the TV and turn off all the lights...so much fun)

Merry Christma....We mean....Happy Autumn!!
6 comments:
Oh good gracious, that is a lot of snow for early october! Your new place looks super cute though. Yay for happy new homes.
I feel for y'all! But, I have to say, I would totally take the snow over a freezing cold rain. Up here in Maine it's supposed to be 34 and raining and that's a wet cold - brrrrr!
Cute home! Sheesh, I was feeling like WE missed fall down here with the cold weather, but snow...that's waaaay worse! But you get to snuggle inside with hotchocolate so that's a plus, right?! ;)
Yeah for droopy trees...jk :) The house looks great!! Very happy for your guys...I am sure you like it much better :) I do remember the big snow storms to start the year off. It happens every year there. You hadn't moved there yet last year, but same thing and all the trees went snap snap snap :) Looks like yours pulled out of it...Great tree trimming job!
Your blog is always my favorite one to read. Adam is so funny! It hasn't snowed here yet but it just seems to get colder and colder. Maybe we should all move to Florida or California. :)
I think your house is cute. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
oh man I don't envy your snow! I mean don't get me wrong, I like all the seasons,and we definitely get them all here in MI, but that early in October? yikes! Hopefully you will still have a little fall left :o)
Post a Comment