Sunday, April 5, 2009

Run to the hills...

When we first met Camille loved to brag about how cool her sporty little white Mazda Protege was. She would tell Adam that it had a wicked spoiler on the back and very easily could have been one of the cars in "The Fast and the Furious." Her favorite feature was the sun roof, because Camille would roll it back and let the wind whisp through her hair, frolicking and laughing at all the other cars as she weaved between traffic. (Note: you can see Adam's totally cool truck in this picture too.)Adam's side of the story of the Mazda Protege is a bit different than the love-fest that Camille has in her mind. The one word Adam uses to describe the Mazda is "CRAMPED." When Adam would drive it was almost like his knees were up around his ears. He has more than a few dents on his forehead from blasting the roof as he got in or out. Despite its small stature, it got great gas mileage, and got us to Laramie and back.We have had some great times in this little car. Camille has truly loved this little car and it has served our little family well....BUT......If you look at the back of Camille's car, you will see the spoiler. The key part is the "SPOIL."Camille got her Dream car this past week. We are doing our best to stimulate the economy...actually, it is a Toyota...so, we are stimulating the global economy. It is a 4Runner, which in Adam's opinion is the SUV to all Granolas/Tree Huggers/Environmentalists.

Adam fully expects to see Camille step out of the 4Runner wearing Birkenstocks, a long levi skirt, straight plain hair, and a tie-dye T-shirt (heck, she could even have hairy armpits). As we write Camille is looking at purchasing a variety of bumper stickers that say things like, "Save a deer, kill a hunter," and "Whales have feelings too." The only saving grace to the granola car is the fact that we have a major grill on the front of it. We did not install this, we were lucky enough to have it included. Adam is ready to take this baby on the open road and take out some wildlife...he supposes that it is anti-tree hugger enough to make the car a little more manly. He also fully intends to place a Christmas Wreath on the grill during the Holidays so the Phillips family can look as cool as the other truckers on I-80. Camille was so overcome with joy she couldn't keep her thumbs down.

It was a good thing we got the 4Runner when we did. In the past two weeks we have been blasted with snow and the little Mazda has been stuck in our driveway three times. We woke up the day after buying the 4Runner to a load of snow. Camille was able to safely drive to work...however, there is no sunroof with this vehicle...so there was no whisping, singing, or frolicking.

10 comments:

Jill Asay said...

You guys are hilarious! I love your new car!! I am especially jealous of the Wyoming Alumni plates! We really bad want some! Maybe some day we will make our way back to Wyoming so we can!

Lori said...

Oooooh, what an awesome new car! SUVs make such a difference in the snow, I dont know how we got by before we bought our Rav4.

Trish said...

WOW! Love the new ride! I love 4Runners! I hope you enjoy it!

Unknown said...

I love your background layout thing!! That is a sweet new car. I am glad that I do not have to drive in the snow, but if I did, that is the automobile I would want. The grill is sweet.

Kinsey Pistorius said...

congrats, Camille! how fun to get a new car and with all the deals right now, it's the perfect time to upgrade!!! Hopefully, you took the dealership to the cleaners (david's favorite hobby) and even better, you are in a safer vehicle! :)

Jadi said...

I am so jealous!!! I Can't wait to trade in both of our vehicles. :) I hope you guys have fun with it.

Jody said...

Fun, can't wait to go for a ride!!! Sad that we didn't get to see you this weekend.. Hopefully soon though..Love the new SUV!!

Ruth said...

Soooo cool!! We can't wait to get a ride somewhere... anywhere really would do... it's your choice:)

Shannon said...

Yeah for 4 runners! They are the best. We sold ours about a year ago! Congrats Camille...Pish posh on granola car Adam'

Lisa Burbidge said...

You forgot a "got hope" bumper sticker for Obama/Biden. Nice. Congratulations Camille.