Saturday we decided that instead of hanging out inside all day we would venture into the great outdoors. Because there was snow in the forecast and also because it had been almost five years for either of us, we decided that skiing would be a great fit. Camille was interested to see what a Adam would look like on skis because generally he lacks balance when it comes to things like this. In her mind Camille could see Adam flailing his arms all over the place as he fell into a powdery demise. However, Adam proved her wrong and was a speed demon. In fact, towards the end of the day we had some people ask if Adam was actually Bode Miller.

The snow started just outside of Pinedale, Wy. and never seemed to stop. It was not cold, just snowy. While we were eating lunch, which is when this picture was taken, you could barely see the hill. Adam boasted that this is how his kind like it. Camille quickly responded by saying, "Your kind? You mean sasquatch?"
We were lucky enough to be joined by our good friends the Caseys. Jill Pickle, Camille's sister also made the trip, but failed to make this picture. Adam said he was attempting the Heisman pose, but Camille thinks he was falling down and attempting to knock everyone over. Let's just go with the Heisman pose.

After skiing all day, all Adam wanted to do was find a nice little ski bunny to cuddle up with. Luckily for him, he found Pippy Longstocking, who quickly obliged.
Camille and Jill, aka "the flying snow pickle," enjoyed a nice cup of hot cocoa during the lunch break. The flying snow pickle became frustrated with Adam on numerous occasions. These frustrations were not because of Adam's superior skill, but because he was speed would vary (translation...he was butt slow!!).
Adam and Steve came in for the lunch break. They were almost ten minutes behind the rest of the group. When they came in they said that Adam, being the speed demon he is, lost one ski while flying down a hill, did a full flip in the air, and landed in a few feet of powder. Adam had to dig himself out and crawl up the mountain to his other ski. You can tell by the picture how wet he is, and how red his face was. So much for being mistaken for Bode Miller...maybe he should have been mistaken for Sienna Miller instead.
The entire day we tried to think of a good nickname for Adam. Of course nothing could top the flying snow pickle, so we just left it at Adam. Maybe next time he will come up with a good one, unless others out there know of some good ski nicknames. (note: Adam would prefer snow stud, snow king, speed racer, or frosted lightning...but you know, whatever you want to suggest.)
13 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time! Thinking about Adam .. and skiing, it reminds me of when we worked together and he went skiing. The next day (or week?) it came out that he had been taken down the hill on a strecher? and rode to the hospital in an ambulance?! LOL. Am I remembering this right? LOL. Poor Adam. :0(
How about rather than come up with a nickname for Adam you just get other people to start using Adam as a nickname? I'll start and let you know if it catches on.
You guys are too cute! Those are great pics. I miss skiing, we have fun intent of taking advantage of being able to drop addie off at our parents house when we're in the NW so we can do a monthly ski weekend.
How fun!!! I want to go skiing!
Looks like an awesome awesome day! You guys crack me up.
And I am so glad you read the fine print on my post. pink on boys? I think my hubby would die. lol
Ski Nicknames:
SUGGESTION #1-"butt slow butt sweat"
SUGGESTION #2- "nice pole"
SUGGESTION#3- "The Auger"
SUGGESTION #4- "bananna skate"
Let us know what you think... we are rolling on the floor laughing over here making these inside jokes into nicknames:)
Looks like you guys had lots of fun! I have to ask...where are you guys living? I know you moved into a new home but I don't know if I know where at!?
Skiing is the greatest!! I can't wait to go again. I think I will, yep i'm going to go!! All your pictures have encouraged me! By the way I love your house!!
Adam... I have never read your profile paragraph about how you guys hooked up and got married... i don't know how I EVER looked over it??!!! LOL!!!! I got a great laugh today so thanks for that. We need more comics like you in the world:)
Adam, you and Camille are such a cute couple. Sounds like you had a great time. We wish that we lived closer to you so we could see you again and talk about the great times when you were in HS and hanging out with Erin. Hopefully we will be able to see you again someday. We don't get to Evanston very often but next time we are there we plan on seeing your parents.
You be jealous of me at the beach, and I'll be jealous of you in a spacious beautiful house and the five of us in a 2 bedroom apartment:)
Wow, it looks like you had a great time. I need to go skiing. I'm surprised you still knew how to do it.
eric
We vote for frosted lightening!
Post a Comment