This past Saturday it was our Stake Youth Halloween Party. Adam is in the Stake Young Men's presidency and they asked us to be the DJ's at the dance. We were struggling all week to figure out what to dress up as...but we had a revelation...Here are some pics of Adam to help you figure out what our costumes were...
This is Adam trying to prepare for his costume by painting his hair white and drawing old man lines. We kept the hair for his costume, but eliminated the lines...He looked too much like the creepy, senile, old guy down the street who has a lot of cats and yells at kids for walking on his grass.
Although in this picture Adam looks more like the old, constipated, senile guy down the street who has a lot of cats and yells at kids for walking on his grass, calling them things like "whippersnappers," "punks," or "lolligaggers"
Here is a better clue as to what we dressed up as.
We never realized just how much Camille looks like Sarah Palin, but everyone in our ward kept telling her all week that she has that look. So, we took that as revelation for our costumes. Camille spent hours perfecting her glasses, hair, and wardrobe. She even practiced pronouncing "Mavericky" in the mirror.
Adam was attempting to perfect the McCain hand gestures, but Camille decided that he still looked like a senile old man, ready to yell at some young rustlerousers. Maybe he did nail his costume...?
We got a pic of us right before the dance. Shortly after this shot was taken someone came up and said that they loved our outfits. They then said they never thought of dressing like Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck. Perhaps we should have left the old man lines on Adam.
The highlight of the night for all in attendance was watching Sarah Palin do a line dance. When Camille started dancing she had almost four or five people taking pictures of her. They all said that they were going to put it on their blog and send it to their friends. Camille is a very convincing Palin, maybe even more so when she dances.
Although in this picture Adam looks more like the old, constipated, senile guy down the street who has a lot of cats and yells at kids for walking on his grass, calling them things like "whippersnappers," "punks," or "lolligaggers"
Here is a better clue as to what we dressed up as.
We never realized just how much Camille looks like Sarah Palin, but everyone in our ward kept telling her all week that she has that look. So, we took that as revelation for our costumes. Camille spent hours perfecting her glasses, hair, and wardrobe. She even practiced pronouncing "Mavericky" in the mirror.
Adam was attempting to perfect the McCain hand gestures, but Camille decided that he still looked like a senile old man, ready to yell at some young rustlerousers. Maybe he did nail his costume...?
We got a pic of us right before the dance. Shortly after this shot was taken someone came up and said that they loved our outfits. They then said they never thought of dressing like Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck. Perhaps we should have left the old man lines on Adam.
The highlight of the night for all in attendance was watching Sarah Palin do a line dance. When Camille started dancing she had almost four or five people taking pictures of her. They all said that they were going to put it on their blog and send it to their friends. Camille is a very convincing Palin, maybe even more so when she dances.



15 comments:
Great idea you two! Adam does look a little creepy though! Happy Halloween from Idaho!!
Adam, you totally look like Glen Beck. That is hilarious!
glen beck, that's pretty funny... The palin's dead on though- nice work!
Very good ideas guys...you pulled them off well!
You guys are a hit!!!! Toooo funny!!!
My dad will be voting for you... Hey who does such a great job on your hair? Maybe you should spray it daily.
Oh my goodness - you two are such a hoot!! I LOVE THE COSTUMES!! You both look adorable & I die at the comments you blog!! I never thought of Glen Beck.. but as soon as I read that I thought - yeah - that does go better!! (Yeah the old man part looked too real though!! You probably could trick a lot of kids coming to your house dressed up like an old guy!! Have a fun Halloween!! You 2 are great!!
That is AWESOME!!! You two look fabulous - and totally a convincing McCain/Palin if you ask me - Glenn Beck, no way!
I think Adam would be great in that calling. I am sure they youth love him! Your costumes turned out great. You guys are always so much fun.
Love the costumes, we almost did this for our kids. You guys really look great. I'm going to write you guys in on my ballot but with Camille as president Adam as VP.
I love it. You guys look so great haha. Way to pull off the costumes
I would expect nothing less from you Adam. I think you look more like an old senile guy...or wait that kind of is McCain!! ha ha Your wife looks perfect. And sure I'll have to consider a "lawyer" for Carter...get him started on the right path early!
So where are you at in Wyoming? Please tell me not evanston?... :) And thanks for the invite to the wedding by the way :( 3 1/2 years, wow),again our time together meant nothing to you! :) Thanks for your kind words about my mom. A lot of people are afraid to say anything so thank you. I miss her so much, it has been a rough couple of years. I hope I can move on someday. If you and your wife are ever in the area we should get together...few can make me laugh like your talented soul!, and I'd love to meet your wife! Oh how is Derek doing? Tell him I said hello.
Oh and I still have nightmares that I am scheduled to work at IGA and I can't remember how to check!
Those costumes are awesome. For some dumb reason your blog got erased from my blog list. I didn't even know you updated and to come and find this gem. You guys nailed it. Camille really does look like Palin. The glasses are a dead ringer.
OH my PERFECT!
Post a Comment